H103 - 2022 Appropriations Act. (SL 2022-74)
Session Year 2022
Overview: Section 7.11 of S.L. 2022-74 directs myFutureNC, Inc. to report to the Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee and the Fiscal Research Division on the requirements necessary to create an interconnected and interoperable real-time data system to facilitate communication, collection, and transition of student data between public school units, community colleges, and universities, as well as to provide students access to their own data. The report must be submitted by March 15, 2023, and must include at least the following:
- Current best practices regarding data warehouses, school district-community partnerships, and relationship management systems.
- Technology needed to create an interconnected and interoperable system along with a working prototype.
- Legal considerations for sharing data across institutional systems to conform with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Human capital and machine capabilities needed to develop data and analytical capacity across institutions.
- Any issue that can arise with cultural views on data as an individually owned resource as opposed to a collaborative tool.
- The potential role of existing State longitudinal data systems.
This section became effective July 1, 2022.