H902 - Purchase and Contracts Changes/Global Transpark/Prison Pilot, Part III Prison Software Management Pilot Program. (SL 2020-90)
Session Year 2020
Overview: Part III of Session Law 2020-90 does all of the following:
- Appropriates funds to develop and administer a Prison Software Management Pilot Program (Prison Pilot Program) to be implemented at Bertie Correctional Institution and Pasquotank Correctional Institution.
- Aims to transform the State Prison Management Information Systems with software infrastructure and equipment upgrades and to deploy a mobile inmate tracking system, both of which will enable the Department of Public Safety, Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice (Department), to create a new shared database platform to replace the current OPUS System.
- Requires the Department to begin operating the Prison Pilot Program by October 15, 2020.
- Describes how the funds appropriated for the Prison Pilot Program must be used.
- Sets forth the requirements for selecting the most qualified technology vendors to create the Prison Pilot Program.
- Requires the Department to the give a status update to the Senate Select Committee on Prison Safety no later than January 8, 2021, and a final report to the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Justice and Public Safety no later than April 1, 2021.
This part became effective July 1, 2020, and expires on July 1, 2022.