S500 - Modify Advanced Math Course Enrollment. (SL 2019-120)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-120 does the following:
- Clarifies requirements for advanced math course enrollment.
- Requires reporting on advanced math course enrollment.
- For the 2019-2020 school year only, exempts certain schools from the requirement that 7th grade students who score at the highest level be enrolled in a high school math course in 8th grade.
- Authorizes local boards of education to provide supplemental content enrichment to students enrolled in a high school level math course, if needed.
- Clarifies that schools exempted from the 8th grade math placement requirement in 2019-2020 may still offer high school math in 8th grade if they choose.
This act became effective July 11, 2019, and applies beginning with the 2019-2020 school year.