S385 - Clarify/Auto Dealers Regulatory Requirements. (SL 2019-181)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-181 makes the following changes to statutes related to motor vehicle dealers:
- Allows an applicant for a sales representative license to engage in activities as a sales representative while the application is pending if certain conditions are met.
- Provides that a dealer is not liable for inaccuracies in third party vehicle history reports given to customers if the information was not provided to the preparer by the dealer.
- Allows a dealer to pay up to $250 in consideration for a customer referral.
- Provides that a dealer is not in violation of military anti-discrimination law for not offering military members certain credit-related products that are offered to other customers.
- Makes clarifying changes to title in transit provisions previously enacted.
This act became effective July 26, 2019.