S95 - Veterans Memorial Funds/Do Not Revert. (SL 2019-75)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-75 does the following:
- Provides that funds appropriated for the construction of public facilities at the North Carolina Veterans Memorial Pavilion do not revert to the General Fund until June 30, 2020.
- Extends until June 30, 2021, the time in which funds allocated for water lines for Rockingham and Guilford counties, and certain municipalities within those counties, may be used before reverting to the General Fund, and expands the use of those funds to include sewer and wastewater projects.
- Allocates funds that were directed to be used to provide a grant to the Resource Institute, Inc. for hurricane mitigation projects on Topsail Island directly to the Towns of North Topsail Beach, Surf City, and Topsail Beach for hurricane recovery projects.
- Provides that funds allocated for planning and permitting of a satellite aquarium area shall instead be used to address storm damage at the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center and to add the home of civil rights leader Golden Frinks to the Historic Edenton State Historic Site.
- Clarifies the purpose of water and wastewater infrastructure funding to the Town of Mount Airy.
This act became effective June 30, 2019.