H252 - Bail Bond/Bondsmen Provisions/Other Changes. (SL 2022-73)
Session Year 2022
Overview: S.L. 2022-73 does all of the following:
- Revises the qualifications and examination requirements for bail bondsmen and runners.
- Modifies the grounds for setting aside a bail bond forfeiture and makes conforming changes to the disclosures required to be contained in a notice of forfeiture.
- Authorizes the State to exercise concurrent jurisdiction for offenses committed by juveniles on United States military bases located within the State.
- Authorizes all Department of Defense special agents to assist State and local law enforcement agencies.
- Provides the process for conducting an election held following a vacancy in the office of district court judge as required by S.L. 2021-180, depending on when in the election cycle the vacancy occurs.
- Makes technical corrections to other legislation.
This act contains varying effective dates. Please see the full summary for details.