H768 - 2022 ABC Omnibus. (SL 2022-44)
Session Year 2022
Overview: S.L. 2022-44 does all of the following:
- Repeals the limited winery permit.
- Establishes a new packaging and logistics permit for packagers who label and package alcoholic beverages from suppliers.
- Repeals the purchase-transportation permit and the commercial transportation permit.
- Allows a transition period for ABC permits after a change in ownership of a permitted establishment.
- Allows alcohol sales at professional sporting events occurring at a stadium on the campus of certain community colleges.
- Repeals the term "private bar" and creates a new definition for "bar" to eliminate the membership requirement.
- Allows a distillery to obtain mixed beverages catering permits and provide spirituous liquor for an event being catered by a hotel or restaurant.
- Allows a distillery to obtain a mixed beverages permit and sell mixed beverages containing the spirituous liquor owned by the distillery, regardless of the results of any local mixed beverages election.
Section 2 of this act became effective August 1, 2022. The remainder of this act became effective July 7, 2022.