H792 - Barbers/Electrolysis Boards/Merger. (SL 2022-72)
Session Year 2022
Overview: S.L. 2022-72 does the following:
- Amends the statutes pertaining to the practice of barbering and electrolysis as follows:
- Merges the existing State Board of Barber Examiners and the Board of Electrolysis Examiners into a single board to be known as the North Carolina Board of Barber and Electrolysis Examiners (Board). The terms of the newly created Board begin on January 1, 2023.
- Authorizes mobile barbershops.
- Revises barber school requirements.
- Establishes an electrolysis apprenticeship program.
- Modifies certain fee provisions.
- Increases the annual Job Development Investment Grant for any business headquarters in the State by 20% if the business meets certain requirements, such as relocating its out-of-state manufacturing operation to a development tier 1 or tier 2 area.
- Makes a technical correction to the effective date of language in S.L. 2022-73.
Section 1 and Section 2 of this act become effective January 1, 2023, and apply to applications for licensure, examination, and renewal submitted on or after that date. The remainder of this act became effective July 8, 2022.