H219 - Amend Environmental Laws. (SL 2022-43)
Session Year 2022
Overview: S.L. 2022-43 does the following:
- Sets a deadline for reversion for certain directed infrastructure projects.
- Expands the Department of Environmental Quality's (DEQ) authorization for use of river debris funding.
- Makes a technical correction to a Flood Resiliency Blueprint provision.
- Provides the Division of Marine Fisheries flexibility in maintaining its aircraft.
- Aligns Coastal Area Management Act public notice requirements for land-use plan hearings with existing local government notice requirements.
- Directs DEQ to study the express permit and certification review program and the fast-track stormwater permitting program.
- Authorizes DEQ to allow limited wastewater discharges to waters with naturally occurring low dissolved oxygen levels.
- Makes changes to the mining permit notice requirements and appeal deadlines.
This act has various effective dates. Please see the full summary for more details.