S208 - Labor Law Changes. (SL 2021-82)
Session Year 2021
Overview: S.L. 2021-82 does the following:
- Eliminates an advisory council created under the Mine Safety and Health Act.
- Clarifies that trains previously or currently in use on the national rail transit system are not subject to regulation as amusement devices by the Department of Labor.
- Authorizes the Director of the Occupational Safety and Health Safety Division of the Department of Labor to obtain medical records in certain circumstances.
- Repeals the Article addressing regulation of job listing services.
- Makes clarifying changes to statutes addressing youth employment certificates and payment to separated employees.
- Requires employers to notify employees, in writing, at least one pay period prior to changes in wages.
- Provides that the maximum penalty for employers who violate record keeping requirements must not exceed $2,000 per violation.
This act became effective July 8, 2021.