H470 - Administration of Justice Changes. (SL 2019-243)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-243 does the following:
- Makes changes and technical corrections requested by the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC).
- Directs the Supreme Court to makes rules regarding e-filing and e-signing of court documents.
- Requires the Administrative Office of the Courts to report the rules created to the General Assembly by March 31, 2020.
- Amends fees and makes changes to processes in civil court, as recommended by the Conference of Superior Court Clerks.
- Makes technical corrections, conforming changes, and clarifications to various statutes as requested by State agencies.
- Amends the rules of civil and criminal procedure by requiring a judge to grant a continuance if requested to fulfill certain obligations to the State.
- Clarifies that the scope of Judicial Standards Commission investigations is limited to conduct and not matters of law.
This act has various effective dates. Please see the full summary for more detail, and the act for specific effective dates.