H646 - ID Approval/Flex Muni One-Stop. (SL 2019-22)
Session Year 2019
Overview: Effective June 3, 2019, S.L. 2019-22 made the following changes to the elections law:
- Allows a tribal enrollment card to be used for voting identification purposes, regardless of whether the card contains an expiration date.
- Clarifies the approval process for student and employee identification cards being used for voting identification.
- Establishes a time period during which any student or employee identification card denied approval for use in the 2020 elections may be resubmitted for approval.
- Authorizes a county board of elections to set hours and days for early one-stop voting in odd-numbered years at less than 12 hours per day for 13 workdays.
- Authorizes a county that is bounded by the largest sound on the East Coast and where the county seat is located at the intersection of two rivers that divide the county to open up to two early one-stop sites with days and hours that vary from the county board of elections, or its alternate, and other additional one-stop sites in that county.