S433 - DNCR Omnibus & Other Changes. (SL 2019-241)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-241 amends State law as follows:
- Makes various changes to the statutes governing the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources (DNCR).
- Removes certain lands from the State Nature and Historic Preserve, as recommended by DNCR.
- Directs the NC Policy Collaboratory (Collaboratory) to create an inventory of aqueous film-forming foam currently in use by North Carolina fire departments and develop a process for the safe collection and disposal of unneeded foam.
- Extends the deadline for Collaboratory study on nontargeted PFAS analysis.
- Makes other various changes to certain effective dates and certain funding for disaster recovery and emergency operating funds for utilities.
- Adjusts for inflation the threshold for Department of Administration approval of State leases.
- Clarifies and amends the septic tank site suitability determination process.
This act became effective November 6, 2019, except that the section of the act pertaining to certain State park violations became effective December 1, 2019 and applies to offenses committed on or after that date.