H554 - Funeral Practice Licensure Tech. Corrections. (SL 2019-207)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-207 makes a number of changes to the laws governing the licensure and practice of funeral services, including:
- Making changes to the licensure examination requirements.
- Establishing requirements for issuance of a provisional license by the Board of Funeral Service.
- Requiring that certificates of compliance for preneed funeral contracts be filed with the Board of Funeral Service.
- Requiring that crematory licensees comply with federal regulations for funeral industry practices and obtain necessary documentation before cremating an individual who died in another state.
- Requiring that all licensees comply with rules for the disposal of pacemakers and other hazardous devices.
- Providing that a medical professional who signs a death certificate is immune from civil liability so long as the cause of death is determined in good faith.
The portions of the act pertaining to preneed funeral compliance, cremations, and burial transportation became effective July 31, 2019. The remainder of the act became effective August 21, 2019.