H220 - Insurance Technical Changes. (SL 2019-179)
Session Year 2019
Overview: S.L. 2019-179 makes various changes to North Carolina's insurance laws, as recommended by the Department of Insurance (DOI), including:
- Makes changes to North Carolina's Holding Company and Surplus Lines Acts.
- Incorporates model act language from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) regarding immunity for independent contractors hired by DOI to assist in delinquency proceedings.
- Makes technical and clarifying changes to consent to rate laws.
- Amends procedures for individuals to receive an expedited external review of noncertification decisions.
- Amends bail bond laws.
- Clarifies the rulemaking authority of the North Carolina Fire and Rescue Commission.
- Makes various changes to the Prepaid Health Plan Licensing Act.
- Makes Medicare Supplement changes.
This act has various effective dates. Please see full summary for more detail. Except as otherwise provided, the act became effective July 26, 2019.