S616 - Heroin & Opioid Prevention & Enforcement Act. (SL 2018-44)
Session Year 2018
Overview: S.L. 2018-44 does the following:
- Amends laws pertaining to the North Carolina Controlled Substances Act.
- Amends laws pertaining to the North Carolina Controlled Substances Reporting System Act.
- Establishes conditions and requirements for the release of information from the Controlled Substances Reporting System to local law enforcement.
- Revises and establishes penalties for certain violations.
- Expresses the intent to appropriate additional funds in the future for community-based substance use disorder treatment and recovery services, the purchase of overdose medications, Operation Medicine Drop, and a special agent position with the State Bureau of Investigation.
- Amends the statewide Telepsychiatry program that delivers mental health and substance abuse care.
This act has various effective dates. Please see the full summary for more detail.