S183 - Ignition Interlock and Various Changes. (SL 2021-182)
Session Year 2021
Overview: S.L. 2021-182 does the following:
- Amends certain driving privilege restrictions.
- Allows an individual who owns multiple vehicles to designate certain vehicles for operation with an ignition interlock system.
- Expands the current waiver for undue financial hardship to equip a vehicle with a required ignition interlock system.
- Creates a study focused on expanded uses and supervision of ignition interlock systems.
- Makes technical and conforming changes related to S.L. 2021-138.
- Changes "Sheriff's Department" to "Sheriff's Office" in various sections of the General Statutes.
This act has various effective dates. Please see the full summary for more detail.