§ 163-278.9A. Statements filed by referendum committees.
(a) The treasurer of each referendum committee shall file under verification with the Board the following reports:
(1) Organizational Report. - The appointment of the treasurer as required by G.S. 163-278.7(a), the statement of organization required by G.S. 163-278.7(b), and a report of all contributions and expenditures shall be filed with the Board no later than the tenth day following the organization of the referendum committee.
(2) Pre-Referendum Report. - The treasurer shall file a report with the Board no later than the tenth day preceding the referendum.
(3) 48-Hour Report. - A referendum committee that receives a contribution or transfer of funds shall disclose within 48 hours of receipt a contribution or transfer of one thousand dollars ($1,000) or more received before a referendum but after the period covered by the last report due before that referendum. The disclosure shall be by report to the State Board of Elections identifying the source and amount of such funds. The State Board of Elections shall specify the form and manner of making the report, including the reporting of in-kind contributions.
(4) Final Report. - The treasurer shall file a final report no later than the tenth day after the referendum. If the final report fails to disclose a final accounting of all contributions and expenditures, a supplemental final report shall be filed no later than January 7, after the referendum, and shall be current through December 31 after the referendum.
(5) Annual Reports. - If contributions are received or expenditures made during a calendar year for which no reports are otherwise required by this Article, any and all such contributions and expenditures shall be reported by January 7 of the following year.
(b) Except as otherwise provided in this Article, each report shall be current within seven days prior to the date the report is due and shall list all contributions received and expenditures made which have not been previously reported. (1979, c. 1073, s. 6; 1997-515, s. 12(b); 2002-159, s. 21(e); 2008-150, s. 11(b); 2017-6, s. 3; 2018-146, s. 3.1(a), (b).)