§ 96-24. Local offices; cooperation with United States service; financial aid from United States.
(a) Agreement. - The Department of Commerce is authorized to enter into agreement with the governing authorities of any municipality, county, township, or school corporation in the State for such period of time as may be deemed desirable for the purpose of establishing and maintaining local free employment offices, and for the extension of vocational guidance in cooperation with the United States Employment Service, and under and by virtue of any such agreement as aforesaid to pay, from any funds appropriated by the State for the purposes of this Article, any part or the whole of the salaries, expenses or rent, maintenance, and equipment of offices and other expenses.
(b) Location. - The Department of Commerce must take into consideration all of the following factors when determining the appropriate number and location of local offices:
(1) Location of the population served.
(2) Staff availability.
(3) Proximity of local offices to each other.
(4) Use of automation products to provide services.
(5) Services and procedural efficiencies.
(6) Any other factors the Division considers necessary in determining the appropriate number and location of local offices. (1921, c. 131, s. 6; C.S., s. 7312(f); 1931, c. 312, s. 3; 1935, c. 106, s. 4; Ex. Sess. 1936, c. 1, s. 12; 2011-401, s. 2.24; 2013-2, s. 8; 2013-224, s. 19.)