§ 90D-12. Disciplinary action.
The Board may deny, suspend, revoke, or refuse to license an interpreter or transliterator or applicant for any of the following:
(1) Giving false information to or withholding information from the Board in procuring or attempting to procure a license.
(2) Having been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to a crime that indicates the person is unfit or incompetent to perform interpreter or transliterator services or that indicates the person has deceived or defrauded the public.
(3) Having been disciplined by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc., (RID).
(4) Demonstrating gross negligence, incompetency, or misconduct in performing interpreter or transliterator services.
(5) Failing to pay child support after having been ordered to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(6) Willfully violating any provisions of this Chapter or rules adopted by the Board. (2002-182, s. 1; 2003-56, s. 3.)