§ 89G-5. Powers and duties.
The Board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To administer and enforce the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) To adopt, amend, or repeal rules to carry out the provisions of this Chapter.
(3) To examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure and licensure renewal.
(4) To issue, renew, deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke licenses.
(5) To reprimand or otherwise discipline licensees under this Chapter.
(6) To receive and investigate complaints from members of the public.
(7) To conduct investigations to determine whether violations of this Chapter exist or constitute grounds for disciplinary action against licensees under this Chapter.
(8) To conduct administrative hearings in accordance with Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(9) To seek injunctive relief through any court of competent jurisdiction for violations of this Chapter.
(10) To collect fees required by G.S. 89G-10 and other monies permitted by law to be paid to the Board.
(11) To require licensees to file and maintain an adequate surety bond or letter of credit.
(12) To establish and approve continuing educational requirements for persons licensed under this Chapter.
(13) To employ a secretary-treasurer and any other clerical personnel the Board deems necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and to fix compensation for employees.
(14) To maintain a record of all proceedings conducted by the Board and make available to licensees and other concerned parties an annual report of all Board actions.
(15) To adopt and publish a code of professional conduct and practice for all persons licensed under this Chapter. The code shall establish minimum standards for water conservation in the practice of irrigation construction and contracting.
(16) To publish a list of irrigation best management practices to be followed by licensed irrigation contractors.
(17) To adopt a seal containing the name of the Board for use on licenses and official reports issued by the Board. (2008-177, s. 1; 2013-383, s. 3; 2018-142, s. 12(b).)