§ 89G-11. Disciplinary action.
(a) The Board may deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke a license or refuse to issue or renew a license if a licensee or applicant:
(1) Employs the use of fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation in obtaining or attempting to obtain a license or the renewal of a license.
(2) Practices or attempts to practice irrigation construction or irrigation contracting by fraudulent misrepresentation.
(3) Commits an act of gross malpractice or incompetence as determined by the Board.
(4) Has been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to a crime that indicates that the person is unfit or incompetent to practice as an irrigation contractor or that indicates that the person has deceived or defrauded the public.
(5) Has been declared incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(6) Has willfully violated any provision in this Chapter or any rules adopted by the Board.
(7) Uses or attempts to use the seal in a fraudulent or unauthorized manner.
(8) Fails to file the required surety bond or letter of credit or to keep the bond or letter of credit in force.
(b) The Board may assess costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees and investigatory costs, in a proceeding under this section against an applicant or licensee found to be in violation of this Chapter. (2008-177, s. 1; 2013-383, ss. 7, 8.)