§ 89F-8. Limitations.
This Chapter shall not prevent:
(1) The practice of any profession or trade for which a license is required under any other law of this State.
(2) Registered professional engineers from lawfully practicing soil mechanics, foundation engineering, or other professional engineering practices for which a license is required pursuant to Chapter 89C of the General Statutes.
(3) Registered land surveyors licensed pursuant to Chapter 89C of the General Statutes from practicing surveying.
(4) Architects licensed pursuant to Chapter 83A of the General Statutes or landscape architects licensed pursuant to Chapter 89A of the General Statutes from lawfully practicing architecture or landscape architecture.
(5) Geologists licensed pursuant to Chapter 89E of the General Statutes from practicing geology.
(6) The practice of soil science for 30 days or less in any calendar year by a person who is not a resident of this State and who has no established place of business in this State if the person:
a. Is licensed to practice soil science in another state where the requirements for a license equal or exceed the requirements for licensure under this Chapter;
b. Files a statement giving the person's name, address, the license number, and issuing authority with the Board within 10 days of commencing the practice of soil science in this State; and
c. Files a statement with the Board detailing the total time that the person engaged in the practice of soil science in the State within 10 days of the day on which the practice of soil science is completed.
(7) The practice of soil science by a person who is not a resident of this State and who has no established place of business in this State, the practice of soil science by a person who has become a resident of this State within the preceding 30 days, or the practice or an offer to practice soil science for more than 30 days in any calendar year by a person who is licensed as a soil scientist in another state, who meets the licensing requirements of this Chapter, and who has filed an application for a license with the Board and paid the application fee. The practice of soil science under this subdivision shall continue only until the Board acts on the application for licensure under this Chapter.
(8) Soil sampling solely for the purpose of determining plant nutrient and lime application rates for gardening and agricultural purposes by persons who are not licensed soil scientists. (1995, c. 414, s. 1.)