§ 89D-14. The North Carolina Landscape Contractors' Licensing Board.
(a) There is created the North Carolina Landscape Contractors' Licensing Board. The Board shall consist of nine members appointed as follows:
(1) One member appointed by the Governor who is a member of the general public.
(2) One member appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture pursuant to recommendations from The North Carolina Green Industry Council.
(3) One member appointed by the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Nursery and Landscape Association, Inc., who is a practicing nurseryman operating a nursery certified by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Plant Industry Division.
(4) Four members who are licensed landscape contractors in the business of landscape construction or contracting. One of the four members shall be appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Speaker of the House of Representatives pursuant to recommendations from The North Carolina Green Industry Council; one shall be appointed by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the President Pro Tempore of the Senate pursuant to recommendations from the Carolinas Irrigation Association, who is also a licensed irrigation contractor; and two shall be appointed by the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Nursery and Landscape Association, Inc.
(5) One member appointed by the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects who is a registered landscape architect.
(6) One member appointed by the President of The University of North Carolina from within the land grant university community who is knowledgeable in landscaping methods and practices.
(b) All appointments shall be for three-year terms. No member shall serve more than two complete consecutive terms.
(c) A vacancy on the Board created by death, resignation, or otherwise shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment, except that all unexpired terms of Board members appointed by the General Assembly shall be filled in accordance with G.S. 120-122. Appointees to fill vacancies shall serve the remainder of the unexpired term and until their successors are appointed and qualified.
(d) The Board shall elect annually a chair and other officers as it deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this Chapter and shall hold meetings at least twice a year. A majority of the Board shall constitute a quorum.
(e) Each member of the Board may receive per diem and reimbursement for travel and subsistence as set forth in G.S. 93B-5.
(f) The Board shall be entitled to the services of the Attorney General in connection with the affairs of the Board or may, in its discretion, employ an attorney to assist or represent it in the enforcement of this Chapter. (2014-103, s. 3(b).)