§ 87-98.2. Definitions.
The definitions in G.S. 87-85 and the following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Commission. - The Well Contractors Certification Commission, as established by G.S. 143B-301.11.
(2) Department. - The Department of Environmental Quality.
(3) Person. - A natural person.
(4) Secretary. - The Secretary of Environmental Quality.
(5) Well contractor. - A person in trade or business who undertakes to perform a well contractor activity or who undertakes to personally supervise or personally manage the performance of a well contractor activity on the person's own behalf or for any person, firm, or corporation.
(6) Well contractor activity. - The construction, installation, repair, alteration, or abandonment of any well. (1997-358, s. 2; 1997-443, s. 11A.119(b); 2002-165, s. 1.1; 2015-241, s. 14.30(u), (v).)