§ 87-52. State Board of Refrigeration Contractors; appointment; term of office.
(a) For the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Article, the State Board of Refrigeration Contractors is created, consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor to serve seven-year staggered terms. The Board shall consist of:
(1) One member who is a wholesaler or a manufacturer of refrigeration equipment.
(2) One member from an accredited engineering school located in this State.
(3) One member from the field of public health with an environmental science background from an accredited college or university located in this State.
(4) Two members who are licensed refrigeration contractors.
(5) One member who has no ties with the construction industry to represent the interest of the public at large.
(6) One member with an engineering background in refrigeration.
(b) The term of office of one member shall expire each year. Vacancies occurring during a term shall be filled by appointment of the Governor for the unexpired term. Whenever the term "Board" is used in this Article, it means the State Board of Refrigeration Contractors. No Board member shall serve more than one complete consecutive term. (1955, c. 912, s. 1; 1959, c. 1206, s. 2; 1973, c. 476, s. 128; 1979, c. 712, s. 1; 1995, c. 376, s. 1; 2017-10, s. 2.7(a).)