§ 83A-1. Definitions.
When used in this Chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Architect" means a person who is duly licensed to practice architecture.
(2) "Board" means the North Carolina Board of Architecture.
(3) "Corporate certificate" means a certificate of corporate registration issued by the Board recognizing the corporation named in the certificate as meeting the requirements for the corporate practice of architecture.
(4) "Corporate practice of architecture" means "practice" as defined in G.S. 83A-1(7) by a corporation which is organized or domesticated in this State, and which holds a current "corporate certificate" from this Board.
(5) "Good moral character" means such character as tends to assure the faithful discharge of the fiduciary duties of an architect to his client. Evidence of lack of such character shall include the willful commission of an offense justifying discipline under this Chapter, the practice of architecture in violation of this Chapter, or of the laws of another jurisdiction, or the conviction of a felony.
(6) "License" means a certificate of registration issued by the Board recognizing the individual named in the certificate as meeting the requirements for registration under this Chapter.
(7) "Practice of architecture" means performing or offering to perform or holding oneself out as legally qualified to perform professional services in connection with the design, construction, enlargement or alteration of buildings, including consultations, investigations, evaluations, preliminary studies, the preparation of plans, specifications and contract documents, administration of construction contracts and related services or combination of services in connection with the design and construction of buildings, regardless of whether these services are performed in person or as the directing head of an office or organization. (1915, c. 270, s. 9; C.S., s. 4985; 1941, c. 369, s. 3; 1951, c. 1130, s. 1; 1957, c. 794, ss. 1, 2; 1979, c. 871, s. 1.)