§ 7B-3903. Content of compacts.
(a) A compact under this Article shall contain all of the following provisions:
(1) A provision making it available for joinder by all states.
(2) A provision for withdrawal from the compact upon written notice to the parties, with a period of at least one year between the date of the notice and effective date of the withdrawal.
(3) A requirement that the protections afforded by or under the compact continue in force for the duration of the adoption assistance and apply to all children and their adoptive parents who, on the effective date of the withdrawal, are receiving adoption assistance from a party state other than the state in which they are a resident and have their principal place of abode.
(4) A requirement that each instance of adoption assistance to which the compact applies be covered by an adoption assistance agreement in writing between the adoptive parents and the state child welfare agency of the state which undertakes to provide the adoption assistance and that any such agreement be expressly for the benefit of the adopted child and enforceable by the adoptive parents and the state child welfare agency providing the adoption assistance.
(5) Any other provisions appropriate to implement the proper administration of the compact.
(b) A compact entered into under this Article may contain any of the following provisions:
(1) Provisions establishing procedures and entitlement to medical and other necessary social services for the child in accordance with applicable laws, even though the child and the adoptive parents are in a state other than the one responsible for or providing the services or the funds to defray part or all of the expense thereof.
(2) Any other provisions appropriate or incidental to the proper administration of the compact. (1999-190, s. 5.)