§ 7A-183.  Clerk or assistant clerk as child support hearing officer.

A clerk or assistant clerk of superior court who meets the  qualifications of G.S. 50-39 and is properly designated pursuant to G.S. Chapter 50, Article 2, to serve as a child support hearing officer, may serve in that capacity and has the authority and responsibility assigned to child support hearing officers by Chapter 50. (1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 993, s. 3.)