§ 78C-98. Prohibited conduct.
(a) An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract, shall not:
(1) Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation.
(2) Furnish anything of value to a student-athlete before the student-athlete enters into the agency contract.
(3) Furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student-athlete or another registered athlete agent.
(b) An athlete agent shall not intentionally:
(1) Initiate contact with a student-athlete unless the athlete agent is registered under this Article.
(2) Refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by G.S. 78C-97.
(3) Fail to register as required by G.S. 78C-88.
(4) Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration.
(5) Predate or postdate an agency contract.
(6) Fail to notify a student-athlete before the student-athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication shall make the student-athlete ineligible to participate as a student-athlete in that sport. (2003-375, s. 2.)