Mountain Island Lake Marine Commission.
§ 77-70. Definitions.
For purposes of this Article:
(1) "Board" means the board of commissioners of one of the three counties.
(2) "Commission" means the Mountain Island Lake Marine Commission or its governing board, as the case may be.
(3) "Commissioner" means a member of the governing board of the Mountain Island Lake Marine Commission.
(4) "Joint resolution" means a resolution or ordinance substantially identical in content adopted separately by the governing boards in each of the three counties.
(5) "Mountain Island Lake" means the impounded body of water along the Catawba River in the three counties extending from the Cowans Ford Dam downstream to the Mountain Island Dam.
(6) "Shoreline area" means, except as modified by a joint resolution, the area within the three counties lying within 1,000 feet of the full pond elevation contour on Mountain Island Lake. In addition, the shoreline area includes all islands within Mountain Island Lake and all peninsulas extending into the waters of Mountain Island Lake.
(7) "Three counties" means Gaston, Lincoln, and Mecklenburg Counties.
(8) "Wildlife Commission" means the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. (1997-257, s. 1.)