§ 74E-4. Powers of Attorney General.
The Attorney General has the following powers in addition to those conferred elsewhere in this Chapter:
(1) To establish minimum education, experience, and training standards and establish and require written or oral examinations for an applicant for certification as a company police agency, a certified company police agency, an applicant for commission as a company police officer, or a commissioned company police officer.
(2) To require a company police agency or a company police officer to submit reports or other information.
(3) To inspect records maintained by a company police agency.
(4) To conduct investigations regarding alleged violations of this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter and to make evaluations as may be necessary to determine if a company police agency or a company police officer is complying with this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter.
(5) To deny, suspend, or revoke a certification as a company police agency or a commission as a company police officer for failure to meet the requirements of or comply with this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter, in accordance with Article 3 of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(6) To appear in the name of the Company Police Program and apply to the courts having jurisdiction for injunctions to prevent a violation of this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter.
(7) To delegate the authority to administer this Chapter.
(8) To require that the Criminal Justice Standards Division provide administrative support staff for the Company Police Program.
(9) To adopt rules needed to implement this Chapter, in accordance with Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(10) To monitor compliance with G.S. 20-185.1(d). (1871-2, c. 138, ss. 51, 52; Code, ss. 1988, 1989; Rev., ss. 2605, 2606; 1907, c. 128, s. 1; C.S., s. 3484; 1923, c. 23; 1933, c. 61; 1943, c. 676, ss. 1, 4; 1947, c. 390; 1963, c. 1165, s. 2; 1965, cc. 297, 581; 1977, c. 148, s. 4; 1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 1043, s. 1; 2018-5, s. 35.25(f).)