§ 74D-5. Powers of the Board.
(a) In addition to the powers conferred upon the Board elsewhere in this Chapter, the Board shall have the power to:
(1) Promulgate rules necessary to carry out and administer the provisions of this Chapter including the authority to require the submission of reports and information by licensees under this Chapter;
(2) Determine minimum qualifications and establish minimum education, experience, and training standards for applicants and licensees under this Chapter;
(3) Conduct investigations regarding alleged violations and make evaluations as may be necessary to determine if licensees and registrants under this Chapter are complying with the provisions of this Chapter;
(4) Adopt and amend bylaws, consistent with law, for its internal management and control;
(5) Investigate and approve individual applicants to be licensed or registered according this Chapter;
(6) Deny, suspend, or revoke any license issued or to be issued under this Chapter to any applicant or licensee who fails to satisfy the requirements of this Chapter or the rules established by the Board. The denial, suspension, or revocation of such license shall be in accordance with Chapter 150B of this General Statutes of North Carolina;
(7) Issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of pertinent books, accounts, records, and documents. The district court shall have the power to impose punishment pursuant to G.S. 5A-21 et seq. for acts occurring in matters pending before the Board which would constitute civil contempt if the acts occurred in an action pending in court; and
(8) Contract for services as necessary to carry out the functions of the Board.
(b) The chairman of the Board or his representative designated to be a hearing officer may conduct any hearing called by the board for the purpose of denial, suspension, or revocation of a license or registration under this Chapter. (1983, c. 786, s. 1; 1987, c. 827, s. 1; 1999-456, s. 21.)