§ 66-71.5. Contents of certificate.
(a) An assumed business name certificate must include all of the following:
(1) The assumed business name, subject to the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.
(2) A real name of the person engaging in business under the assumed business name. If the business is a partnership other than a limited liability partnership or limited partnership, the assumed business name certificate must include a real name of five general partners or of each general partner, whichever is fewer.
(3) The nature of the business.
(4) The street address of the principal place of business.
(5) Each county where the person uses or will be using the assumed business name to engage in business.
(b) A person may not include in an assumed business name any of the following terms:
(1) "Corporation," "incorporated," "corp.," or "inc.," unless the entity is a corporation organized under Chapter 55 or Chapter 55A of the General Statutes.
(2) "Limited liability company," "L.L.C." or "LLC," or any other similar abbreviation or form of "limited liability company," unless the entity is a limited liability company organized under Chapter 55D of the General Statutes.
(3) "Limited partnership," "L.P." or "LP," or any other similar abbreviation or form of "limited partnership," unless the entity is a limited partnership organized under Chapter 59 of the General Statutes.
(4) "Limited liability partnership," "registered limited liability limited partnership," or any other similar abbreviation or form of those terms, unless the entity is organized or registered as a limited liability partnership under Chapter 59 of the General Statutes. (2016-100, s. 2; 2017-23, s. 1; 2019-117, s. 4.)