§ 66-273. Prerequisites for authentication.
All of the following conditions must be met before a document can be authenticated:
(1) All seals and signatures must be originals.
(2) All dates must follow in chronological order on all certifications.
(3) All acknowledgments to be authenticated by the Secretary shall be in English and must comply with Chapter 10B of the General Statutes.
(4) Whenever a copy is used, it must include a statement that it is a true and accurate copy.
(5) Whenever a document is to be authenticated by the United States Department of State, it must comply with all applicable statutes, rules, and regulations of that office. (1998-228, s. 14; 2000-140, s. 57; 2005-391, s. 7.)