This Article does not apply to the following:
(1) A peddler or an itinerant merchant who sells only one or more of the following types of merchandise:
a. Farm or nursery products produced by the merchant.
b. Crafts or goods made by the merchant.
c. The merchant's own household personal property.
d. Printed material.
e. Wood for fuel.
f. Ice, seafood, meat, poultry, livestock, eggs, dairy products, bread, cakes, or pies.
(2) A peddler or an itinerant merchant who is an authorized automobile dealer licensed pursuant to Chapter 20 of the General Statutes.
(3) A peddler or an itinerant merchant who is a nonprofit charitable, educational, religious, scientific, or civic organization.
(4) A peddler who maintains a fixed permanent location from which at least ninety percent (90%) of the peddler's sales are made but who sells some goods in the county of the fixed location by peddling.
(5) An itinerant merchant who meets any of the following descriptions:
a. Locates at a farmer's market.
b. Is part of the State Fair or an agriculture fair that is licensed by the Commissioner of Agriculture pursuant to G.S. 106-520.3.
c. Sells goods at an auction conducted by an auctioneer licensed pursuant to Chapter 85B of the General Statutes.
(6) A peddler who complies with the requirements of G.S. 25A-38 through G.S. 25A-42, or who complies with the requirements of G.S. 14-401.13. (1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 24.)