66-251. Itinerant merchant and peddler must have permission of property owner.

An itinerant merchant or a peddler who travels from place to place by vehicle must obtain a written statement signed by the owner or lessee of any property upon which the itinerant merchant or peddler offers goods for sale giving the owner's or lessee's permission to offer goods for sale upon the property of the owner or lessee. This statement must clearly state the name of the owner or lessee, the location of the premises for which the permission is granted, and the dates during which the permission is valid. The statement must be conspicuously and prominently displayed, so as to be visible for inspection by patrons of the itinerant merchant or peddler, at the places or locations at which the goods are to be sold or offered for sale. (1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 24.)