§ 63-66. Administration of Article; powers of Department of Transportation.
The Department of Transportation shall carry out the provisions of this Article. In exercising such power, the Department shall:
(1) Promote the further development and improvement of air routes, airport facilities, seaplane bases, heliports, protect their approaches and stimulate the development of aviation, commerce and air facilities. In exercising this power, the Department shall prepare and develop goals, objectives, standards and policies for the most efficient and economical expenditure of State funds as may be appropriated for the purposes of this Article.
(2) Publish and make available to aviation interests, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the people of the State generally, current information regarding such criteria, standards, and policies.
(3) Prepare and keep current a State airport plan and submit annual revisions of that plan to the Federal Aviation Administration.
(4) Make a detailed and thorough study of all applications for State assistance authorized herein and make specific recommendations regarding applications to the Federal Aviation Administration for federal grants.
(5) Develop a plan of priorities and allocations of State funds to be revised annually.
(6) Represent the State before all federal agencies and elsewhere where the aviation interests of the State may be affected.
(7) Subject to the availability of funds for the purpose, promote aviation safety throughout the State and conduct such promotional, educational and other programs as may be necessary to keep the people of the State properly informed with respect to aviation and to further aeronautics generally throughout the State. (1967, c. 1006, s. 1; 1973, c. 507, s. 5; c. 1262, ss. 28, 86; c. 1443, s. 1; 1975, c. 716, s. 3; 1979, c. 148, ss. 2, 5; 2011-266, s. 1.21(c).)