§ 59-73.11. Plan of conversion.
(a) The converting business entity shall approve a written plan of conversion containing:
(1) The name of the converting business entity, its type of business entity, and the state or country whose laws govern its organization and internal affairs;
(2) The name of the resulting domestic partnership into which the converting business entity shall convert;
(3) The terms and conditions of the conversion; and
(4) The manner and basis for converting the interests in the converting business entity into interests, obligations, or securities of the resulting domestic partnership or into cash or other property in whole or in part.
(a1) The plan of conversion may contain other provisions relating to the conversion.
(a2) The provisions of the plan of conversion, other than the provisions required by subdivisions (1) and (2) of subsection (a) of this section, may be made dependent on facts objectively ascertainable outside the plan of conversion if the plan of conversion sets forth the manner in which the facts will operate upon the affected provisions. The facts may include any of the following:
(1) Statistical or market indices, market prices of any security or group of securities, interest rates, currency exchange rates, or similar economic or financial data.
(2) A determination or action by the converting business entity or by any other person, group.
(3) The terms of, or actions taken under, an agreement to which the converting business entity is a party, or any other agreement or document.
(b) The plan of conversion shall be approved in accordance with the laws of the state or country governing the organization and internal affairs of the converting business entity.
(c) After a plan of conversion has been approved as provided in subsection (b) of this section but before the articles of conversion become effective, the plan of conversion may be amended or abandoned to the extent permitted by the laws that govern the organization and internal affairs of the converting business entity. (2001-387, s. 108; 2001-487, s. 62(r); 2005-268, s. 52.)