§ 58-21-95. Suspension, revocation or nonrenewal of surplus lines licensee's license.
The Commissioner may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew the license of a surplus lines licensee after notice and hearing as provided under G.S. 58-2-70 upon any one or more of the following grounds:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2019-179, s. 2(e), effective July 26, 2019.
(2) Removal of the surplus lines licensee's office accounts and records during the period during which such accounts and records are required to be maintained under G.S. 58-21-75;
(3) Closing of the surplus lines licensee's office for a period of more than 30 business days, unless permission is granted by the Commissioner;
(4) Failure to make and file required reports;
(5) Failure to transmit the required tax on surplus lines premiums;
(6) Failure to pay the stamping fee to the stamping office;
(7) Violation of any provision of this Article; or
(8) For any other cause for which an insurance license could be denied, revoked, suspended, or renewal refused under the Insurance Law. (1985, c. 688, s. 1; 2019-179, s. 2(e).)