(a) A corporation may establish a procedure by which the beneficial owner of shares that are registered in the name of a nominee is recognized by the corporation as a shareholder. The extent of this recognition may be determined in the procedure.
(b) The procedure may set forth:
(1) The types of nominees to which it applies;
(2) The rights or privileges that the corporation recognizes in a beneficial owner;
(3) The manner in which the procedure is selected by the nominee;
(4) The information that must be provided when the procedure is selected;
(5) The period for which selection of the procedure is effective; and
(6) Other aspects of the rights and duties created. (1989, c. 265, s. 1.)