§ 55-15-04. Amended certificate of authority.
(a) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this State must obtain an amended certificate of authority from the Secretary of State if it changes:
(1) Its corporate name;
(2) The period of its duration; or
(3) The state or country of its incorporation.
(b) A foreign corporation may apply for an amended certificate of authority by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing that sets forth:
(1) The name of the foreign corporation and the name in which the corporation is authorized to transact business in North Carolina if different;
(2) The name of the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;
(3) The date it was originally authorized to transact business in this State;
(4) A statement of the change or changes being made.
Except for the content of the application, the requirements of G.S. 55-15-03 for obtaining an original certificate of authority apply to obtaining an amended certificate under this section. (1955, c. 1371, s. 1; 1989, c. 265, s. 1; 1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 1024, s. 12.22.)