§ 54B-266. Definitions.
As used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2004-203, s. 35(a), effective August 17, 2004.
(2) "Association" means a savings and loan association and includes a State association or a federal association unless limited by use of the words "State" or "federal".
(3) "Branch" means a full-service office of an association through which it renders a savings and loan service other than its principal office. An association may engage in any authorized function or service through an authorized branch office.
(4) "Commission" means the State Banking Commission.
(5) "Home state" means (i) as to a state association, the state which granted the association its charter, and (ii) as to a federal association, the state in which the association has its principal office.
(6) "Out-of-state association" means an association chartered by any state other than this State and whose principal office is not within this State.
(7) "State association" means an association chartered under the laws of this State.
(8) "Supervisor" means the state association supervisor or equivalent state official having primary regulatory authority over an out-of-state association. (1993, c. 191, s. 2; 2001-193, ss. 16, 17; 2004-203, s. 35(a).)