§ 53C-10-105. Actions on control transaction applications.
(a) The Commissioner shall examine the proposed control transaction, including the character, competence, and experience of the acquiring person and its proposed management personnel, to determine whether the financial stability of the holding company or the interests of the customers served by one or more bank subsidiaries of the holding company would be adversely affected by the proposed control transaction. Not later than the 60th day following receipt of a completed application for approval of a control transaction unless extraordinary circumstances require a longer period of review, the Commissioner shall approve or deny the application.
(b) The Commissioner may deny an application for approval of a control for any of the following reasons:
(1) The financial condition of the person seeking approval of a control transaction could jeopardize the financial stability of the holding company, one or more bank subsidiaries of the holding company, or the financial interests of the bank's customers.
(2) An examination of the character, competence, or experience of any acquiring person or of any of the proposed management personnel of the holding company shows that it would not be in the interest of the customers of one or more of the bank subsidiaries of the holding company or in the interest of the public to permit the person to control the holding company.
(3) The plans or proposals of the person seeking approval with respect to exercising control over the holding company would not be in the best interests of the customers of one or more bank subsidiaries of the holding company.
(4) Upon the effective date of the proposed control transaction, one or more of the bank subsidiaries of the holding company would not be solvent, have inadequate capital, or not be in compliance with this Chapter or rules of the Commissioner.
(5) The application for approval is incomplete.
(6) If the acquiring person solicits votes for the approval of or consents to the control transaction from the holders of the voting securities of the holding company, adequate and complete disclosures of all material information about the proposed control transaction, together with a prominent statement that neither the control transaction nor any solicitation of such holders' votes or consents has been approved by the Commissioner and that any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense, have not been made to the holders.
(c) If an application filed under this Part is approved by the Commissioner, the control transaction may become effective. All conditions to approval set forth in the order of the Commissioner shall be enforceable against the person, and each member of a group of persons, receiving the approval. (2012-56, s. 4.)