Part 3. Registration and Modification of Child Support Order of Another State.

§ 52C-6-609.  Procedure to register child support order of another state for modification.

A party or support enforcement agency seeking to modify, or to modify and enforce, a child support order issued in another state shall register that order in this State in the same manner provided in G.S. 52C-6-601 through G.S. 52C-6-608 if the order has not been registered. A petition for modification may be filed at the same time as a request for registration, or later. The pleading must specify the grounds for modification. (1995, c. 538, s. 7(c); 2015-117, s. 1.)