52C-5-506. Contest by obligor.

(a) An obligor may contest the validity or enforcement of an income-withholding order issued in another state and received directly by an employer in this State by registering the order in a tribunal of this State and filing a contest to that order as provided in Article 6 of this Chapter, or otherwise contesting the order in the same manner as if the order had been issued by a tribunal of this State.

(b) The obligor shall give notice of the contest to:

(1) A support enforcement agency providing services to the obligee;

(2) Each employer that has directly received an income-withholding order relating to the obligor; and

(3) The person designated to receive payments in the income-withholding order or, if no person is designated, to the obligee. (1997-433, s. 10.8; 1998-17, s. 1; 2015-117, s. 1.)