§ 50B-9. Domestic Violence Center Fund.
(a) The Domestic Violence Center Fund is established within the State Treasury. The fund shall be administered by the Department of Administration, North Carolina Council for Women and Youth Involvement, and shall be used to make grants to centers for victims of domestic violence and to The North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Incorporated. This fund shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of the State Budget Act. The Department of Administration shall make quarterly grants to each eligible domestic violence center and to The North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Incorporated. The Department of Administration shall send the contracts to grantees within 10 business days of the date the Current Operations Appropriations Act, as defined in G.S. 143C-1-1, is certified for that fiscal year.
(b) Each grant recipient shall receive the same amount. To be eligible to receive funds under this section, a domestic violence center must meet the following requirements:
(1) It shall have been in operation on the preceding July 1 and shall continue to be in operation.
(2) It shall offer all of the following services: a hotline, transportation services, community education programs, daytime services, and call forwarding during the night and it shall fulfill other criteria established by the Department of Administration.
(3) It shall be a nonprofit corporation or a local governmental entity.
(c) On or before September 1, the North Carolina Council for Women and Youth Involvement shall report on the quarterly distributions of the grants from the Domestic Violence Center Fund to the chairs of the House Appropriations Committee on General Government and the Senate Appropriations Committee on General Government and Information Technology and to the Fiscal Research Division. The report shall include the following:
(1) Date, amount, and recipients of the fund disbursements.
(2) Eligible programs which are ineligible to receive funding during the relative reporting cycle as well as the reason of the ineligibility for that relative reporting cycle. (1991, c. 693, s. 3; 1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 988, s. 1; 2017-57, s. 31.2(a); 2021-180, s. 20.6(a); 2022-74, s. 20.1.)