§ 47C-2-105. Contents of declaration.
(a) The declaration for a condominium must contain all of the following:
(1) The name of the condominium, which must include the word "condominium" or be followed by the words "a condominium", and the name of the association.
(2) The name of every county in which any part of the condominium is situated.
(3) A legally sufficient description of the real estate included in the condominium.
(4) A statement of the maximum number of units which the declarant reserves the right to create.
(5) A description, by reference to the plats or plans described in G.S. 47C-2-109, of the boundaries of each unit created by the declaration, including the unit's identifying number. A declaration may define a unit to include all or any portion of the airspace or subterranean space between two legally identifiable elevations, to include or exclude the surface of a legally described parcel of real property, to include or exclude airspace lying above and subterranean space lying below such surface, and to mean any specified combination of the foregoing, whether or not contiguous. A unit that is not specifically described by an upper limiting boundary with reference to established datum shall be deemed to include so much of the land and air above the unit as would be attributed to a noncondominium parcel of land under the common or statutory law applicable to such noncondominium parcel of land. A unit that is not specifically described by a lower limiting elevation boundary with reference to established datum shall be deemed to include so much of the land and air below the unit as would be attributed to a noncondominium parcel of land under the common or statutory law applicable to such noncondominium parcel of land.
(6) A description of any limited common elements, other than those specified in subsections 47C-2-102(2) and (4), as provided in G.S. 47C-2-109(b)(7).
(7) A description of any real estate (except real estate subject to development rights) which may be allocated subsequently as limited common elements, other than limited common elements specified in subsections 47C-2-102(2) and (4), together with a statement that they may be so allocated.
(8) A description of any development rights and other special declarant rights reserved by the declarant, together with a legally sufficient description of the real estate to which each of those rights applies, and a time limit within or date by which each of those rights must be exercised; provided, however, that if no time limit or date is specified for the exercise of any particular development right or other special declarant right is specified in the declaration, the time limit for the exercise of that right shall be seven years from the date the declaration was recorded or by July 1, 2027, whichever is later. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the unit owners of units to which at least sixty-seven percent (67%) of the votes in the association are allocated, exclusive of any votes appurtenant to any unit owned by the declarant, may consent to an extension, not exceeding 10 years from the expiration of any time limit for the exercise of any development right or special declarant right as specified in the declaration. An extension of a development right or special declarant right is effective upon recording of an amendment to the declaration approved by the unit owners as provided in this subdivision, provided that such amendment must be recorded prior to the expiration of the development right or special declarant right affected by such amendment. Approval by the required number of unit owners may be evidenced by execution of the amendment by the requisite number of unit owners or by certification of an officer of the association executing such amending confirming that the requisite number of unit owners approved such amendment at a duly called meeting of the unit owners.
(9) If any development right may be exercised with respect to different parcels of real estate at different times, a statement to that effect, together with (i) either a statement fixing the boundaries of those portions and regulating the order in which those portions may be subjected to the exercise of each development right or a statement that no assurances are made in those regards, and (ii) a statement as to whether, if any development right is exercised in any portion of the real estate subject to that development right, that development right must be exercised in all or in any other portion of the remainder of that real estate.
(10) Any other conditions or limitations under which the rights described in paragraph (8) may be exercised or will lapse.
(11) An allocation to each unit of the allocated interests in the manner described in G.S. 47C-2-107.
(12) Any restrictions on use, occupancy, or alienation of the units.
(13) The recording data for recorded easements and licenses appurtenant to or included in the condominium or to which any portion of the condominium is or may become subject by virtue of a reservation in the declaration.
(14) All matters required by G.S. 47C-2-106, 47C-2-107, 47C-2-108, 47C-2-109, 47C-2-115, 47C-2-116, and 47C-3-103(d).
(b) The declaration may contain any other matters the declarant deems appropriate. (1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 877, s. 1; 2020-52, s. 2; 2022-12, s. 2(a).)