Article 4.

Partition of Personal Property.

46-42. Personal property may be partitioned; commissioners appointed.

When any persons entitled as tenants in common, or joint tenants, of personal property desire to have a division of the same, they, or either of them, may file a petition in the superior court for that purpose; and the court, if it think the petitioners entitled to relief, shall appoint three disinterested commissioners, who, being first duly sworn, shall proceed within 20 days after notice of their appointment to divide such property as nearly equally as possible among the tenants in common, or joint tenants. (1868-9, c. 122, s. 27; Code, s. 1917; Rev., s. 2504; C.S., s. 3253.)