35A-1227. Funds owed to minors.

(a) Certain insurance proceeds or other funds to which a minor is entitled may be paid to and administered by the public guardian or the clerk as provided in G.S. 7A-111.

(b) A devise of personal property to a minor may be distributed to the minor's parent or guardian with the approval of the clerk as provided in G.S. 28A-22-7.

(c) A personal representative or collector who holds property due a minor without a guardian may deliver the property to the clerk as provided in G.S. 28A-23-2.

(d) Inter vivos or testamentary transfers to minors may be made and administered according to the North Carolina Uniform Transfers to Minors Act, Chapter 33A of the General Statutes. (1987, c. 550, s. 1; 1989, c. 473, s. 23; 2011-284, s. 37.)